SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having the VEC2 installed tommorrow. Hopefully they will do a few pulls on the Dyno and we can compare to my last Dyno.

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Marc T said:
Having the VEC2 installed tommorrow. Hopefully they will do a few pulls on the Dyno and we can compare to my last Dyno.

Will keep you posted.

Oh hell yeah!! Post the results soon as you can :D :D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just got back from picking up the truck with the VEC2 installed. They couldn't dyno it while I was there due to a viper being on the rack which had the blower off and was being worked on. I will get it done next week.

Anyway, seat of the pants dyno says yeah baby!!! Definitely alot more torque and whats most noticiable is the even power through the entire RPM range. Much smoother.

Dave at Roe showed me where my trucks air fuel ratio was at 14+ at the low end and -12 at the high end(what units this is in I can't tell you). He said they programmed it to run right around 13 through the entire RPM range.

Does this make sense to you guys who speak the language??

I took the truck for a test run with Dave in it. ( Pretty ballsy on his part)Theres a little strip behind the shop.(quite convienient) Anyway, I lined her up and got on it, well it was kinda of damp so I was spinning like crazy. Got through second gear and then third was pretty ugly. Had some major grind, must have let the clutch out a little early. Kind of embarrassing. Oh well, even the best miss a shift once in a while.Right? :confused:

Back to the performance, very noticable Mod. Even more than the 4:56 GEARS.

Next is to work on traction issues, then maybe a SC.

I'll post the dyno as soon as I get it done!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Yeah, I forgot to mention. Roe has purchase a 2004 Ram SRT-10 for performance experimentation purposes. They are working on a intercooled SC which will be out sometime here in the future.

Because they forked out the cash for the truck, makes me think they are serious about designing and selling some serious mods!!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
What map did you run? It comes with several pre configured maps based on fuel octane. Also how long did it take them to install it...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have two cards:
Performance
Stock

Took about 3 hours is my quess. Dropped it off at 8 am it was ready right after lunch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Marc

How about publishing the maps Roe installed or email to me and Titan.
Did you use one of the sample maps or did Roe make a new one?
I have a VEC installed on my 04 but am waiting for card writer.

Walt

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wadejesu said:
Marc

How about publishing the maps Roe installed or email to me and Titan.
Did you use one of the sample maps or did Roe make a new one?
I have a VEC installed on my 04 but am waiting for card writer.

Walt
Walt,

Not quite sure what you mean by Maps. I was given 2 cards one for performance , one for stock. I can get more if I find the need for other options:

1. Towing (never happen)
2. Driving at altitude.
3. Valet (so the punk driving your truck can,t take it past 1500 RPM)
4. Super economy

And any others you could think of.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What happpens to the OEM mapp - Can it be saved and refurbished? I'm looking for mods that are non-visual (or hidden) while getting the most from our V10s..

·
Registered
44 Posts
made deposit for roe s/c a few days ago w/Dave @ roe. the s/c is ready around end feb early marchand he said they were also working on a water and or methanol injection not sure if separately or together oooh I cant wait

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JACnBOX said:
What happpens to the OEM mapp - Can it be saved and refurbished? I'm looking for mods that are non-visual (or hidden) while getting the most from our V10s..
Sure, you can drop in the stock card, diconnect the VEC2 unit and your right back to where you sarted.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've just aquired my SRT 10 around Christmas.Can someone fill me in on this VEC2? I'm assuming it's a programmer,sounds like it 's pretty awesome in waking the V10 up.How much do they run,and where can I find one?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts