SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Great video, John!

The driver only hits 4th though. The turbos make it sound a little 'fast/furious', but it sure does get to that vanishing point quick. :D

BTW- Some of us are on Mac's. You might want to let your web guy know that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Kevan said:
Great video, John!

The driver only hits 4th though. The turbos make it sound a little 'fast/furious', but it sure does get to that vanishing point quick. :D

BTW- Some of us are on Mac's. You might want to let your web guy know that.
I dont believe the 650R is the turbo upgrade. I believe that is the venom 800 is the turbo upgrade. I believe the 650R is headers, exhaust ecm work and some other stuff I believe. Srt10x4 (or is it 5 now!!!) correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The black truck in the video has our 522 CID motor upgrade. No turbos on that motor.

No test numbers from Craig's silver twin turbo yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice, what kind of short times are you seeing with the truck?

·
Registered
447 Posts
galoot said:
Kevan, were you able to watch the video on your mac? If so, how?
Negative. I had to go into "knuckle dragger mode" and hop over to the PC.

Maybe it's the compression on the encoding of the video. Sounds like a turbo winding up. Still, impressive numbers and a cool vid.

I'm bummed no one got my "vanishing point" reference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sweet! :D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
John great video, WHERE?

John Hennessey said:
Full weight, tail gate up and all motor. Here is the video:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/Cool_Mpegs.php
John thank you for posting the great video of your 650R truck. I am in the SoCAl area and do not recognize the drag strip. Also I do not see any timing equipment. My buddy and I are curious? Which strip this run was made at and what brand/type of timing equipment was used to certify the run. We love your posts and video's.
Thanks, Jack

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fstjack said:
John thank you for posting the great video of your 650R truck. I am in the SoCAl area and do not recognize the drag strip. Also I do not see any timing equipment. My buddy and I are curious? Which strip this run was made at and what brand/type of timing equipment was used to certify the run. We love your posts and video's.
Thanks, Jack
A well known car magazine tested the truck at California Speedway. They test in the parking lot next to the dragstrip. They gather the acceleration data from a Stalker radar gun with STATS software.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Smokeshow said:
$20,000 to run 12's? Seems a little much to me.
Yea, but your investment is quickly returned, when you see the dismay of other SRT/10 (RAM and VIPER) as you steadily pull away from them and handidly spank their asses :).

And when you step up to the Big Boy twin turbo's. Knowing there isn't much out there that you can't hang with or beat hands down, is a very nice feeling as well.

Of course you can do all the above in a Honda Civic with $4K in mods but then you'd be driving a ricer :)

Craig

1 - 18 of 18 Posts