SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
John Hennessey said:
There is a lot more power available. We are just getting started.
Awsome !!!!! Craig when we going for a ride :D :D :D

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Geez! :D :cool: That's some serious twist!

How fast do you have to be going before the stock tires attempt to hook up? :eek:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Will try to post dyno sheet and video tomorrow. Congrats Craig!

Very Cool.. We'll see if it'll hang with my New Harley edition Diesel F350 with the Banks Big Hoss bundle :)

What was the boost set to with those numbers?

Craig

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the dyno sheet. Boost was set at 11 psi on this run. We are just starting to tune on this package and there is still a lot of potential that has yet to be tapped. 7 psi boost makes right at 600 rw hp and 700 rw tq and that is where we plan to begin for testing on the street.

PS - you are reading the dyno graph correctly - it shows a gain of over 400 rw lb-ft at about 3800 rpm.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Killer Numbers! :cool:

I assume this motor has been strengthened to handle the extra power.

What do you think it's MAX potential will be? I mean, how much power do you think this engine can make on pump gas (93/94 octane) for the street ?

How about cranking up the boost with a tankful of VP C-16 Race Gas? :D :D :cool: :cool: :eek: ;)

Incredible amounts of Torque!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Race gas already in tank!

Hamrhead said:
Killer Numbers! :cool:

I assume this motor has been strengthened to handle the extra power.

What do you think it's MAX potential will be? I mean, how much power do you think this engine can make on pump gas (93/94 octane) for the street ?

How about cranking up the boost with a tankful of VP C-16 Race Gas? :D :D :cool: :cool: :eek: ;)

Incredible amounts of Torque!
The boost numbers and the HP and Touque curve indicate that that combination is running on race gas as tested.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
fstjack said:
The boost numbers and the HP and Touque curve indicate that that combination is running on race gas as tested.
yep, that much boost would detonate with pump gas, see it every day.
hope like hell they put forged pistons in it. the srt's came with cast.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
OK. I didn't know if the engine had been rebuilt with lower compression, forged pistons, rods, cylinder head work etc.

I was just trying to make a 'loose' comparison between it and my Sy's engine, which runs about 8:1 compression. With my tune I can safely run ~13psi on Sunoco 94 octane. Any more and I need to start feeding it the good gas. ;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The entire motor is bone stock for now, including 9.6 compression. The computer is stock with stock timing curve. Yes of course we mixed some 104 unleaded with 93 octane for testing.

·
Registered
329 Posts
"yes of coarse...we mixed 104" I'm sorry, I'm just a dumb fireman that doesn't know alot about cars (for now), but I think everything that was included in a dyno run should be put out ther for all to see (gas, holdin back, air blowing into the CAI). The computer and compression ratio are a good start. Obviously not a complete list of dyno gimicks, but you get the idea.

I don't want people to think I'm pickin on John. This goes for everything. If you got a midget under the hood helpin out(sorry lil folks. If I could get under there and help out I could, but I'm 6' 4")... I want to know about it.

Just my TWO BITS.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
IMO, for initial dyno testing, it's smart be on the safe side and toss in some race gas to avoid detonation. Then go from there and tune it to run on pump gas and/or race gas, depending on how you plan to run it.

Sounds like it will be 2 1/2 tonz 'o fun!! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts