SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall, just picked me up one dem dare ram srt 10's.... this thing is awesome..... i was wondering what would be a good viper badge to put on the hood to replace the ram? is that a good idea, or would it be stepping on some fangs???? btw, mine is black...... thanks all...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Who cares what Viper guys think? Ok, I don't really think that exactly but you get my point. If you like it, do it. Just don't try to tell us it's a Viper once you put on the badges! If you find a way to make it work, I'm sure some here will be interested. I've seen it mentioned before.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Congrats on the hotrod truck dude!!!!!!! I got a black one as well....people just stop and stare at her.....its a nice feeling.....rock out in your black beast!!!!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just wanted to say that I took all of the badges off, except for the SRT-10 on the tail gate. I think that it cleans the doors up alot. If you can not tell that it is a ram, you probably don't know anything about cars. It is pretty easy to take off. I was going to leave SRT-10 on the doors, but the way that they have put RAM on there. It will not be spaced out wright on both doors.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
QuikSilvrSRT said:
I just wanted to say that I took all of the badges off, except for the SRT-10 on the tail gate. I think that it cleans the doors up alot. If you can not tell that it is a ram, you probably don't know anything about cars. It is pretty easy to take off. I was going to leave SRT-10 on the doors, but the way that they have put RAM on there. It will not be spaced out wright on both doors.
Did you use the fishing line deal to get em off? Did you use "goof off" to get the glue off or what? I am a little apprehensive to take off the ram and dodge badge since my truck is black and any imperfection is magnified.

thanks patrick

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same here

im in the same boat, i dont want to mess up the paint by taking off the badges..... any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this task would be appreciated...

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I removed the 'DODGE' from my tailgate with dental floss. It broke on me a few times, but it worked. Then, to get the glue off, I used 3M Adhesive Remover in a spray can (I bought it at NAPA). This took some rubbing (with a clean rag) as the glue is some pretty serious stuff, but after about an hour it cleaned up perfect. Threw on a good polish and now my tailgate is s-m-o-o-t-h! :cool:

Thought about doing the doors as well, but then changed my mind. For now I'm leaving it alone (except for almost daily washes/waxes/polishes, as mine is black too :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
67 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Did you use the fishing line deal to get em off? Did you use "goof off" to get the glue off or what? I am a little apprehensive to take off the ram and dodge badge since my truck is black and any imperfection is magnified.

thanks patrick
If you relocate the Ram emblem it will be off track from the other side of the door. ( Just a quick thought.) I used Goof Off, and fishing line due to the strength. It is a little easier to heat it up first, and then try and take it off. Try and get the fishing line as close as you can to the body. There is going to be tape still on the door, heat it up and try and roll it off with you finger. After you have the whole thing off and clean, make sure you wash the door. And then put some wax back on it. The Goof Off will take all of the wax off. Have fun, and it takes patience. Let me know how it comes out. Kris

·
Registered
29 Posts
can someone post pics of the this. might due this myself also.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
another way to get them off is go to a autoglass store and ask for a plastic fiberstick, which is a plastic stick with flat sides, then use a heat gun to warm them up real good (not too hot) then gently slide the fiber stick under the letter 1 at a time and this will take them off with out scratching the paint, even black. just don't be in a hurry.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
ROKTMAN...where did you buy the emblem that is above the grille...did you do any modification to it(bending)...ALSO..does anyone know where i can buy the viper steering wheel emblem..

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
ROKTMAN...where did you buy the emblem that is above the grille...did you do any modification to it(bending)...ALSO..does anyone know where i can buy the viper steering wheel emblem..
I got the grill emblem here:http://www.jmbperformance.com/store/ Not sure if Justin still makes them.No bending they are a direct fit for the Ram emblem replacement.

·
Registered
54 Posts
thanks roktman!!!!! finally Ive been searching forever and couldnt find anything...

ANYONE REMOVE THE RAM LOGO ON THE TAILGATE??? ARE THERE HOLES OR IS IT FLATTENED OUT...GOOD OR BAD IDEA...

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
No problem.

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,631 Posts
thanks roktman!!!!! finally Ive been searching forever and couldnt find anything...

ANYONE REMOVE THE RAM LOGO ON THE TAILGATE??? ARE THERE HOLES OR IS IT FLATTENED OUT...GOOD OR BAD IDEA...
Flat, no dimple no holes (disclaimer: at least on a 2005)

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
none on mine...it's just a sticker;)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts