SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a nice race with a Volvo 850 R on the highway today. I was coming off the Rotary, Mass. is about the only place I know that has a rotary in the middle of a two lane. This volvo was in the passing lane so I pulled over to the travel lane beside him. I am watching him and his chick checking out my ride as we wait for traffic to clear. He and his girl are all smiles checking out the truck. The traffic opens up and I smile back we pull on to the highway and he takes off like a shot. I run it up thru 2nd into 3rd wot and had all I could do to catch him in fourth I was right behind him and started to take him at 135 mph. At this point we are weaving in and out of the slower traffic when we had to bring it down. I found an opening and pulled right beside him. We smiled and off we went again this time we were neck and neck I finally took him in fourth. we slowed again his exit was approaching he smiled with approval and exited off. That was as close as I have come to being beat yet. I am sure from a dead stop or a slow roll I would smoke him. However I was muttering that I need a blower, Sean where are you man??? :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Milo55 said:
I had a nice race with a Volvo 850 R on the highway today. I was coming off the Rotary, Mass. is about the only place I know that has a rotary in the middle of a two lane. This volvo was in the passing lane so I pulled over to the travel lane beside him. I am watching him and his chick checking out my ride as we wait for traffic to clear. He and his girl are all smiles checking out the truck. The traffic opens up and I smile back we pull on to the highway and he takes off like a shot. I run it up thru 2nd into 3rd wot and had all I could do to catch him in fourth I was right behind him and started to take him at 135 mph. At this point we are weaving in and out of the slower traffic when we had to bring it down. I found an opening and pulled right beside him. We smiled and off we went again this time we were neck and neck I finally took him in fourth. we slowed again his exit was approaching he smiled with approval and exited off. That was as close as I have come to being beat yet. I am sure from a dead stop or a slow roll I would smoke him. However I was muttering that I need a blower, Sean where are you man??? :D :D :D
Nice Kill Milo, But I personally will not race when someone else is a passenger in the other guys car or mine for that fact. Sorry but I cant fathem being responsible for a innocent passangers death!!

I will only run if the road is clear and it's one on one.;)

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Milo55

That Volvo must had something done to (juice, bigger turbo, etc) it since it was only rated at 240HP. I have driven those things and while they fell peppy etc, they can't deal with the SRT-10 when they are in stock form.

Mark

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Mark, I have to agree. it was too quick in the top end to be stock. It surprised the crap out of me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts