SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think they will come, and it is only a matter of time and supply. We now list this forum with our packet to new Owners,but we have had only 4 trucks with 2 more expected anyday. The rest of the vehicles are on an indefinite delay , Nationwide, so you are one of the few, the proud, the lonely SRT-10 Ram owners. Once DC gets ramped up again, you will see interest swell, as we get tons of requests about the truck daily, and I am sure other Dealers are also ( this is evidenced by Dealers I know relatively near-by that have trucks listed at $69,500 and $50,000 respectively ). I don't condone this practice, but it does serve as an indicator of public demand. You will have plenty of friends to play with soon, but the flood of interest is followed by a trickling supply.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been posting links to here on several Dakota websites and a Stratus forum. I dunno what else to do?

Make stickers with the webaddress? Not sure how many people would put them on their rides? Perhaps give them to registered buyers instead of selling them? I dunno.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Advertise the helicopter game in the Arcade...it's so addicting :p or you could get some models to post with everyone's truck and make sure you add a URL and you'll have new members :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
I found out about this place by word of mouth. Seems to be working just fine. Like stated before, theres not that many people with the RAM SRT yet, so non are really looking out there for a web community.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well with members such as BOOMER, and JoeyKunz, thats what turns people off from here. I know back when the SRT-10 Ram forum was back on srtforums.com there were some cool people there. But for the most part it seems like quite a few immature people have come on over.

·
Registered
80 Posts
More people will come with time, you just need to get the word out. These trucks haven't been on the market long, and if they only made 3000 in the first year, at the very most you'll have 3000 people, but chances are 1 in 10 will actually surf the net looking for such a site.

Lightning forums do so well now because many thousands have been made. The srt-4 site is popular because more are made and they are cheaper to buy, it sells to a younger crowd, a crowd that is a generation of internet freaks. :)

What will turn people off isn't people like Boomer or JoeyKunz, they are just trying to defend the srt-10. People want to come to a site where they get useful info about the srt-10. They want to hear how it does up against the Lightning or any other racing, how they can make them faster and such. They don't want to hear how a 10 second Lightning blew his engine making a fast pass. Its the ingnorance of the people posting crap like that will turn off people from these forums. When you have a 1/4 of your posts having no relevence to the srt-10, its not good.

Sure I could be told I have nothing to offer on this site with my lowly hemi ram, but keep in mind, my hemi ram has a whole lot more in common with the srt-10 then any other truck out there. :)

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Toe said:
More people will come with time, you just need to get the word out. These trucks haven't been on the market long, and if they only made 3000 in the first year, at the very most you'll have 3000 people, but chances are 1 in 10 will actually surf the net looking for such a site.

Lightning forums do so well now because many thousands have been made. The srt-4 site is popular because more are made and they are cheaper to buy, it sells to a younger crowd, a crowd that is a generation of internet freaks. :)

What will turn people off isn't people like Boomer or JoeyKunz, they are just trying to defend the srt-10. People want to come to a site where they get useful info about the srt-10. They want to hear how it does up against the Lightning or any other racing, how they can make them faster and such. They don't want to hear how a 10 second Lightning blew his engine making a fast pass. Its the ingnorance of the people posting crap like that will turn off people from these forums. When you have a 1/4 of your posts having no relevence to the srt-10, its not good.

Sure I could be told I have nothing to offer on this site with my lowly hemi ram, but keep in mind, my hemi ram has a whole lot more in common with the srt-10 then any other truck out there. :)
thank you toe, appreciate it & i couldnt aqree more!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Or how about this, make a forum for everything vehicle related that isn't srt-10 related or, well, maybe this off topic discussion forum is it. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts