SRT10 Forum banner

What did you do to your truck today??

2M views 2K replies 133 participants last post by  Modern Barbarian 
#1 · (Edited)
How bout a thread showing what you did/got done to your truck today?? I'll go first...

Today I ordered (all from Tony):
1. Billet polished wheel center caps
2. Coils, wires, sleeves, billet wire spacers
3. 3-gauge A-pillar pod (Fuel Press, A/F Ratio)
4. fuel fitting to plumb in the AutoMeter fuel pressure gauge
5. Caltrac traction bars
6. Rear leaf spring Poly bushing kit

Also tested the rear-view camera, thinking of drilling a small hole on the rear valance just above the hitch if there's room behind it to mount the camera. The picture on the screen of the RB1 is better than I hoped it would be.

Also shot some better photos of the new Toyo Proxes tires on the back of the truck using the brand new Coolpix S640 digital camera that arrived today, but haven't downloaded them yet.

#2 ·
Tuesday I installed a Mag-Hytec trans pan, with autometer temp gauge (got it used from a member on the other forum), also installed a dual steering column gauge pod that I got from the Stank man.

#3 ·
Tuesday I installed a Mag-Hytec trans pan, with autometer temp gauge (got it used from a member on the other forum), also installed a dual steering column gauge pod that I got from the Stank man.
:popcorn: How bout some photos?

#5 ·
I installed a brand new very very high dollar air freshener.:booty: I want to give her a bath:bad: if this weather ever breaks, lots of melting snow and ice. Which means alot of salt on the truck. Actually I have a subwoofer and wiring waiting to be ran when weather is better. Other than that just general maint. Peace Kevin

#8 ·
I shook the leaves off the cover, and peeked under to see if santa elves had installed an engine yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and jsut dropped the cover:crying:

#10 ·
Ordered, got some already and the rest on the way ...

CalTracks - Tony = To powdercoater sat. - Red
Cal-Vues - Ordered & Painted by Tony and Company - Red
Polished center caps - Tony = To powdercoater sat. - Red, Black, or Gold ?????
1.5" Front end Drop Kit - Tony
JMB lowered end link powdered kit - Justin
Under Hood Caps & covers at powdercoater - Gold
Under Hood Strut Covers - Billet
12" X 4' roll up bed cover, Cover - at powercoater Black
Hopefully all done and installed by middle of March.

Jim

#285 ·
Is it complete yet? I know you had some things installed.Caltracs,caps Cal Vu`s etc.

#11 ·
Saw this thread at the other site, loved it, wanna try it here?

Today I ordered (all from Tony):
1. Billet polished wheel center caps
2. Coils, wires, sleeves, billet wire spacers
3. 3-gauge A-pillar pod (Fuel Press, A/F Ratio)
4. fuel fitting to plumb in the AutoMeter fuel pressure gauge
5. Caltrac traction bars
6. Rear leaf spring Poly bushing kit

Also tested the rear-view camera, thinking of drilling a small hole on the rear valance just above the hitch if there's room behind it to mount the camera. The picture on the screen of the RB1 is better than I hoped it would be.

Also shot some better photos of the new Toyo Proxes tires on the back of the truck using the brand new Coolpix S640 digital camera that arrived today, but haven't downloaded them yet.
all shipped out but number 2, those will ship out next friday or should.
all the other you should have monday good sir

#12 ·
Man, Tony must have his own Fed-Ex driver. I ordered my parts yesterday, hoping they'd show up as early as Monday (I'm off Monday) so I could intercept them before the Mrs saw them. They arrived today, my wife accepted them without questions while I was out Walmarting with the kids. She is so good to me... If she saw they cost over $1000 though, might have been a different story.

#14 ·
Oh yea?? Well, you're the only vendor who replies at 4am!! Got he back-up camera installed tonight (no good places to install it without seeing it), was starting on the Plasmaglow LED bar (I go tthe first of a "New and Improved Design" batch, it works wonderfully, now to install and wire.

If anyone has been curious what the fuel fitting looks like that Tony sells to install a Fuel Pressure Gauge, well, here it is, complete with the electric Autometer sender already attached.

#15 ·
Tom, once again, great job and it looks nice too... :)

#17 ·
And that's a Bad Thing??? :D

Welcome to everyone of them.... More Fun :) :) :) More Knowledge :) :) :) More Ideas :) :) :)

#18 ·
Tony gets my truck tomorrow for the "Hood" mod, I'm already going through withdrawals again. I don't know how you do it Sandy...

#22 ·
dont worry will post pics of the burnouts and doughnuts we do in it, and be sure to pick all the beer cans out of the bed for ya:fing02:

#19 ·
I have the 300C SRT-8. Without it I would have my hands around the dealers neck... :)

Wolf comes back from the shop tomorrow afternoon. The parts took longer to get in than was expected and he started it on Sat and finishes the rebuild tomorrow. :D

Anybody know the "Correct" amount of gentle driving required on a Tranny Rebuild????

#23 ·
Don't do too many doughnuts... some of those dash parts may only be tacked in for the drive over, you may end up with a "production plaque" imprint across your forehead!

Would be a dead give-away...

#26 ·
I really can't wait to see Sahara when you get it finished... Put that new camera to work ...... :D

#27 ·
What have I done to the truck today? I added a "505" emblem to the hood scoop grill. The supplied double sided sticky tape is holding up to the honeycomb design, but, I'm going to brush a good adhesive on the backside of it for added support when I jump this mean son of a gun...

I'll add a pic when it's all said and done. I'm a looking at some Underbody LED rails for her too, and jumping on Spud's awesome application of the underhood lights. That was an awesome idea. Too many people ask to see what's under the hood, and then that little hood light just doesn't do the presence of the Viper Motor any justice. I also have a "V-10" logo that is designed to the Factory Airbox logo, just oversized a little bit. I can't seem to find a good placement for it. Whether it's on the inside or the outside, any suggestions would be appreciated.

One more thing, while I'm here. The "Viper Powered" stamp on the hood insulation, what's the easiest way to get that colored, and withstand the heat?

#29 · (Edited)

#31 ·
the painter has spuds truck:fing02:

he is doing a few xtra things, ordered some different custom center caps, and dropped off a few parts for powdercoating:fing02:

not gonna say a thing, but should look very sweet when done! should be finished and ready for pickup end of next week:fing02:

#32 ·
Thanks for the link ViperRam2. In your use, did the fabric paint hold up to the heat the motor creates? I'd hate for some bubbly action or peeling to occur.

#33 ·
It was on there for 3 years and showed no wear at all. I don't know if it was the number of coats or not. The best part, with a wet cloth it cleaned right up for shows (got a little dusty under the hood at times)

Heat had no affect, just don't hose it down with water, that pad will fall apart.

V2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.