SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my truck on the dyno to see what kind of power I am getting out of it and maybe I am just being silly, but I think that the dyno was crap. I have a stage 2 flash, headers, mids with 02 sims and no cats, Borla cat-back, K&N CAI, and a low temp thermostat.

I had three baseline pulls done and the BEST was 374.28 HP and 378.97 TRQ and I think that this is total bull_hit and my truck should be putting out more than that and I KNOW that it is.

I feel that the dyno pulls are TOTALLY wrong, but I want feedback from other members as I have heard of stock trucks pulling @435 HP and 455 TRQ.

Feedback on this would be great for my fragile self esteem. LOL

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just to let you know so there's no confusion, this thread was merged from two exact same ones. The result was a duplicate post by the OP (deleted) and a link back to this thread (also deleted).

Medic

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
As 06_Quad mentioned, 1/4 slips are more telling. Either way, I would hit another dyno and compare results. These are SAE numbers ? Post up the dyno run with A/F results on the next run.

QC or RC ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
06__QUAD__SRT10 said:
Dyno is a tool that is all ... what do you run the 1/4 mile in ?
input that info here -----> http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html
and you should get some numbers you will be happy with
My truck is a 05 quad cab and my best run with my upgrades was a 12.798 @ 108.03 at Budweiser Park in Edmonton, AB. I am trying to book another dyno session with a different motor sports company to compare, but my luck it will be another waste of money. Oh well on the up side it did look and sound really cool when the dyno pulls were performed.

Thanks for all your input so far I appreciate it very much, and according to the calculator above the horsepower to the ground should be @560 HP does this sound about right?

·
Registered
105 Posts
jevrett said:
My truck is a 05 quad cab and my best run with my upgrades was a 12.798 @ 108.03 at Budweiser Park in Edmonton, AB. I am trying to book another dyno session with a different motor sports company to compare, but my luck it will be another waste of money. Oh well on the up side it did look and sound really cool when the dyno pulls were performed.

Thanks for all your input so far I appreciate it very much, and according to the calculator above the horsepower to the ground should be @560 HP does this sound about right?
Those are killer times and trap speed:signed: I would think closer to 580 RWHP

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
jevrett said:
I just put my truck on the dyno to see what kind of power I am getting out of it and maybe I am just being silly, but I think that the dyno was crap. I have a stage 2 flash, headers, mids with 02 sims and no cats, Borla cat-back, K&N CAI, and a low temp thermostat.

I had three baseline pulls done and the BEST was 374.28 HP and 378.97 TRQ and I think that this is total bull_hit and my truck should be putting out more than that and I KNOW that it is.

I feel that the dyno pulls are TOTALLY wrong, but I want feedback from other members as I have heard of stock trucks pulling @435 HP and 455 TRQ.

Ah, Canada :pat:

Quick

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Uh, I wouldnt get to crazy about the 560-580rwhp ;)

Although with that slip, it proves your dyno results are garbage. You are probably in the 480-490 range.

·
Registered
105 Posts
mmmmtorque said:
Uh, I wouldnt get to crazy about the 560-580rwhp ;)

Although with that slip, it proves your dyno results are garbage. You are probably in the 480-490 range.
My bad your right closer to 480 to 500 RWHP:pat:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put my truck on the dyno once and after three pulls the best was 383 hp and 389 torque. I was pissed because I know it was BS. It was at an import place that specializes in Nissan 240s and what not.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
jevrett said:

I used a dyno facility here in Calgary mainly to check the A/F ratio after installing the HF mids.
Are you an auto or manual trans? You will lose a tad more through the auto.
Your numbers, esp. that wicked m.p.h. indicates you ARE making
more than the dyno would suggest. Was it a Mustang Dyno?; because they will report lower than a Dynojet.

Most of the stock(ish) Vipers here are 425 wheel and 475 TQ. on a Dynojet.
When my truck was bone stock with 1000 km. on it, it had 375 and 435 TQ and
that was with the stinkin' rich 10.3 A/F ratio.

Relax, your dyno seems low to me...

Ron

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
jevrett said:

I used a dyno facility here in Calgary mainly to check the A/F ratio after installing the HF mids.
Are you an auto or manual trans? You will lose a tad more through the auto.
Your numbers, esp. that wicked m.p.h. indicates you ARE making
more than the dyno would suggest. Was it a Mustang Dyno?; because they will report lower than a Dynojet.

Most of the stock(ish) Vipers here are 425 wheel and 475 TQ.
When my truck was bone stock with 1000 km. it had 375 and 435 TQ and
that was with the stinkin' rich 10.3 A/F ratio.

You are (a guesstimate here) about 100 h.p. higher at the wheels than the dyno calaculated to be able to run that m.p.h. (assuming a race weight of 5600 lbs. ie a quad cab).

Ron

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
ChristopherSRT10 said:
I put my truck on the dyno once and after three pulls the best was 383 hp and 389 torque. I was pissed because I know it was BS. It was at an import place that specializes in Nissan 240s and what not.
OK I see now you are in a QC (AUTO TRANS).

Try this one: http://www.virtualengine2000.com/Calculator2006.htm

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RapidRonnie said:
Go into Calibration and set Chassis at 2.25 and Rolling at 4.5 then click "Finished".
That will result in very close numbers for the QC.

Ron

Thanks for all the help and feedback on this everyone. I appreciate it and it was a Mustang Dyno I got the numbers from.

Thanks again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts