SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My owners manual is with my truck at the vinyl graphics place, so I cant look up the fluid to put in my new "06 4:56 rear differential that I will swapping out later tonight.Can someone chime in some help? Please :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fast fred said:
my book says to use mopar sae 90w

I have some new mobil one 75/140 synthetic limited slip fluid.I guess it wont work huh? :confused: The diff. cover says to use limited slip fluid only.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess i will have to make a dealer parts run.thanks for the help :)

fast fred said:
my book says to use mopar sae 90w it also says to use 147 ml (5oz,) mopar limited slip additive (thats a 2005 book)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Purchase 3 quarts and make sure you get the additive.

It will take 2 quarts + 1 pint + the additive.

;)

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
silversrt said:
I have some new mobil one 75/140 synthetic limited slip fluid.I guess it wont work huh? :confused: The diff. cover says to use limited slip fluid only.
I have an 04 R/C with 4:10's in it and the proper fluid for it is the 75-140. We went through this recently and according to Chrysler and the Shop Manuals (not owners manual) this is the correct recommended fluid. Also, it has been recommended to use two bottles of friction modifier ... ;)

The owners manual I believe, states 90 wt. It is not right:(

I am a post ho by nature, but at least for the 04 - the 75/140 and two bottles is the way to go... :cool:

Wifey :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thnks so much for the help. come to find out , the "06 axle was full of fluid allready.I just got home from swapping the "04 4:10 axle to an "06 4:56 that i got off of ebay.It was a perfect fit with the exception of the speed sensor on the axle housing.I had to use my "04 one since the "06 one didnt have the right plugin.I installed boomers shocks and blocks while I was at it.We will see tommorrow if the gear change makes a difference. :D

Includemeout said:
I have an 04 R/C with 4:10's in it and the proper fluid for it is the 75-140. We went through this recently and according to Chrysler and the Shop Manuals (not owners manual) this is the correct recommended fluid. Also, it has been recommended to use two bottles of friction modifier ... ;)

I am a post ho by nature, but at least for the 04 - the 75/140 and two bottles is the way to go... :cool:

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
silversrt said:
Thnks so much for the help. come to find out , the "06 axle was full of fluid allready.I just got home from swapping the "04 4:10 axle to an "06 4:56 that i got off of ebay.It was a perfect fit with the exception of the speed sensor on the axle housing.I had to use my "04 one since the "06 one didnt have the right plugin.I installed bommers shocks and blocks while I was at it.We will see tommorrow if the gear change makes a difference. :D
quality post attempt :eek:

·
Banned
340 Posts
Includemeout said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: I just did the 90wt + 1 1/3 bottle limited slip accoding to the manual this last weekend. Where is the source/thread that says the owner's manual is wrong?

Between the 8.5 to 11 quart engine oil fiasco and this; meethinks that we need a sticky with confirmed and indisputable numbers on fluid viscosities, manufacturers, and volumes. It seems as though no two sources of this data ever match. :confused: Especially if both sources are Dodge! :mad:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Includemeout said:
quality post attempt :eek:

Now if that will rub off on Mikey.......:rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
v8eater said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: I just did the 90wt + 1 1/3 bottle limited slip accoding to the manual this last weekend. Where is the source/thread that says the owner's manual is wrong?

Between the 8.5 to 11 quart engine oil fiasco and this; meethinks that we need a sticky with confirmed and indisputable numbers on fluid viscosities, manufacturers, and volumes. It seems as though no two sources of this data ever match. :confused: Especially if both sources are Dodge! :mad:
This is from the 2004 Service Manual (not owners manual) Volume 1 of 2 DR Ram Truck 1500-2500-3500 which includes SRT-10s and Diesel... under lubrication and maintenance Section 0 -4.

However, it does not call out a 9 3/4 so to clarify the confusion we confirmed this with Chrysler and I called Moss Dodge in San Bernardino, CA and the service tech told me the rear differerntial in the 04 is a Dana M-60 and is measured as 248 mm (which tranlates to 9 3/4) - he said regardless of what ANY BOOK shows, if it is an SRT-10 stick with the 75/140 synthetic AN NO OTHER... and the 2 bottles of friction modifier and you can't go wrong. :)

:eek: Another attempt at a quality post :rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
stinker said:
Just add water till it runs out the whole in the top :D
That is such a Hillbilly Hick Trick answer - you must be my freaking twin on the loose - and now we will even have matching sunglasses ... :D :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchase 3 quarts and make sure you get the additive.

It will take 2 quarts + 1 pint + the additive.

;)
This is from the 2004 Service Manual (not owners manual) Volume 1 of 2 DR Ram Truck 1500-2500-3500 which includes SRT-10s and Diesel... under lubrication and maintenance Section 0 -4.

However, it does not call out a 9 3/4 so to clarify the confusion we confirmed this with Chrysler and I called Moss Dodge in San Bernardino, CA and the service tech told me the rear differerntial in the 04 is a Dana M-60 and is measured as 248 mm (which tranlates to 9 3/4) - he said regardless of what ANY BOOK shows, if it is an SRT-10 stick with the 75/140 synthetic AN NO OTHER... and the 2 bottles of friction modifier and you can't go wrong. :)

:eek: Another attempt at a quality post :rolleyes:

Which friction modifier?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts