SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cause apparantly the local Ferd dealer doesn't know. I mean...here I am driving down the road and come across this. I have to laugh.

Even the Ferd boys know the SRT 10 is king. Thats why its a DODGE they have out in front under the big sign.

So happens its also an 04 Silver like mine. If someone wants to buy mine for $42 and change I'll be happy to sell ;)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
A Lightning it is a performance truck from Ford underrated at 380hp/440trq.
The Generation 2 was made from 1999-2004.

Stock Times depend on the driver.
- Johnny Lightning drove from the delaership to the track (20 miles) and ran a 13.1 in his lightning.
- Magazines got anywhere from 14.1 to mid 13's.

With a chip you can hit 12's.
A few more bolt ons and you are in low 12's.
You can hit 11's (high 11's) with bolt on's and a stock block. Anything faster, you'll need to build the block. (rods seem to be the weak point in 01-04)
The Transmission is bullet proof and has a few people are running 10's on stock tranny's.

It suffers from the same thing the SRT-10 suffers from:
1. It's a truck, and no one knows what to expect until they see the taillights go by.
2. It has the aeordynamics of a truck.

Besides that, your post is uncomprehensible.



editted:
had to correct JLP time from 12.1 to 13.1 sorry 'bout that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
A stock Lightning has never hit 12.1 in the 1/4 mile. For you to make that statement is ridiculous. Lightnings are great vehicles, very fast, very consistent with the automatic transmission, and very easy and cheap to mod. They can also be had for a very reasonable price. I happen to love Lightning's. I traded one in on the SRT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wikdsvt said:
A Lightning it is a performance truck from Ford underrated at 380hp/440trq.
The Generation 2 was made from 1999-2004.

Stock Times depend on the driver.
- Johnny Lightning drove from the delaership to the track (20 miles) and ran a 13.1 in his lightning.
- Magazines got anywhere from 14.1 to mid 13's.

With a chip you can hit 12's.
A few more bolt ons and you are in low 12's.
You can hit 11's (high 11's) with bolt on's and a stock block. Anything faster, you'll need to build the block. (rods seem to be the weak point in 01-04)
The Transmission is bullet proof and has a few people are running 10's on stock tranny's.

It suffers from the same thing the SRT-10 suffers from:
1. It's a truck, and no one knows what to expect until they see the taillights go by.
2. It has the aeordynamics of a truck.

Besides that, your post is uncomprehensible.



editted:
had to correct JLP time from 12.1 to 13.1 sorry 'bout that.

Whats the matter a##wipe, strike a nerve? Even a troll like yourself can see the irony of this picture. Sorry my typos seemed to bother ya so deeply - I have pneumonia, i'm tired as $hit, and heavily medicated. In fact I took this picture on the way back from the doc's today....

I mean...ITS FUNNY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
womsterr said:
Whats the matter a##wipe, strike a nerve? Even a troll like yourself can see the irony of this picture. Sorry my typos seemed to bother ya so deeply - I have pneumonia, i'm tired as $hit, and heavily medicated. In fact I took this picture on the way back from the doc's today....

I mean...ITS FUNNY
It was a joke...

However if I wanted to be an a$$wipe. I'd say something like.

Hmm.. Looks to me Like Used Car Dealership. I guess the Previous Owner traded it in and Upgraded to a Ford.

But I'm not an A$$wipe... Whoops I meant a##wipe, so I wouldn't say something like that.

What have you contributed to this site? Go to the "performance" discussion and search for my contribution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Wikdsvt said:
It was a joke...

What have you contributed to this site? Go to the "performance" discussion and search for my contribution.
Come on now kids... Play nice, although I think Wikdsvt owes a small apology to womsterr for the "Besides that, your post is uncomprehensible." remark

That struck me as a little personal.

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Doh...
What I meant by uncomprensible is selling the truck for $42.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure - whateverrr. I don't need any apologies. Your right its right inbetween the New and Used Car sales. However...I find it funny none of their Used L's or Harley trucks are out on the street under the sign.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
"What the H is a Lightning?"

Lightning:a 147mph Ford pickup truck, and the sole reason Dodge created the 154mph pickup truck. a 160mph stock pickup truck is being sought by both camps for unknown primal reasons. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
MRBBQMAN said:
"What the H is a Lightning?"

Lightning:a 147mph Ford pickup truck, and the sole reason Dodge created the 154mph pickup truck. a 160mph stock pickup truck is being sought by both camps for unknown primal reasons. :p
Actually, Ford dropped out of the race. Remember, the 154+ was an average speed.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
MRBBQMAN said:
"What the H is a Lightning?"

Lightning:a 147mph Ford pickup truck, and the sole reason Dodge created the 154mph pickup truck. a 160mph stock pickup truck is being sought by both camps for unknown primal reasons. :p
Sole reason? Not hardly.

Ford never bothered to get a 'Top Speed' on the Gen2 Lightning until it realized Dodge was building a truck that would exceed 150mph.

From '99 up until the introduction of the SRT (sometime in '03), it was always 'about 140'. Ford obviously had no interest in a Full-Size Pickup Top Speed Record before that.

Still though, I think it's safe to say that the majority of both SRT and Lightning owners could give a crap about Top Speed. Certainly not why I bought either truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
well i doubt the goosesteppers at DC were asking for specs and times from sy's ty's and 454ss trucks when the thought of dethroneing a performance truck popped into someone's head. if the 99-04 Lightning did not exist, the SRT10 would not either, no way, no how.

ps: this is how they run um both for Guinness

To qualify for the record and certification by Guinness World Records, the truck must be identical to what a customer can find at a local Dodge dealer. Gaughan's speed will be measured over a kilometer, and the record speed is derived from an average of his speeds in both directions on the 4.71-mile, high-speed oval.

"For six-tenths of a mile, I have to hold whatever speed it is we're trying to hit," Gaughan said. "Right now, another manufacturer holds the stock production truck record and we're going to make the Dodge Ram SRT-10, the new Dodge with the Viper motor, the fastest production pickup truck.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
MRBBQMAN said:
well i doubt the goosesteppers at DC were asking for specs and times from sy's ty's and 454ss trucks when the thought of dethroneing a performance truck popped into someone's head. if the 99-04 Lightning did not exist, the SRT10 would not either, no way, no how.
Well You and I both know the SVT boys checked out every spec and time they could find on Sy/Ty's and the 454SS while designing the Gen2 Lightning, and the same can be said about it. You can bet that without BOTH of those trucks from GM, Ford would've built another 15 second screamer like the Gen1. :rolleyes: If they bothered to build one at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
womsterr said:
Man..this thread is just ugly - I was just trying to make a joke ;)

I got it, and really appreciate it Womsterr. You were/are even sick and took the time to post it. Very much appreciated.

Congrats on the truck too!

Craig
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
womsterr said:
Man..this thread is just ugly - I was just trying to make a joke ;)
It's all good. I like both trucks, but I had to choose one, and you see which one that was ;).

Besides, go back to post #7 to see who fired up the SVT boys. :p :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top