SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , 2004 ram srt10 , started with loss of power , got worse after some driving . felt like exhaust problems ( got werry hot under ) also had some backfire... dismounted the cat's , left front was emty , alot of particles in the left rear .. the right side seems to be ok ...

now , what is the reason for this ?

and what would be the best fix for this ?

if i remove the cat's , do i have to reprogram the ecm ? and then i need to buy a computer tool ?

good to have this forum , my srt10 have had ALL the known problems ........

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
If you remove the cats, you can use an SCT controller to shut the rear sensors off, via a tune from Torrie. I would either replace the cat with new or use high flow cats, as an OEM replacement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a link for the controller ? Diddnt find any on ebay ...

So i just knock out the other cat's and program . How will the emissions turn out ??

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Do you have a link for the controller ? Diddnt find any on ebay ...

So i just knock out the other cat's and program . How will the emissions turn out ??
http://www.unleashedtuning.com/

The rear cats are more of a flame arrestor. You can cut them out and go with a piece of exhaust pipe. You can tell you have high-flows, but it is way better than no cats. Little to no smell with high-flows.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
you can completely cut out the rear cats and you will not throw any codes or CEL's and you don't have to have the truck tuned.

if you remove the front cats, you should get a tune with the sct.

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts