SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to supplement my SRT-10 with another vehicle, something more practical to drive on short trips, errands, etc. If you had about $6,000 to spend, what would you buy?

#1 Priority: It has to have some level of cool + fun to drive.
#2 Priority: It must be able to carry two kids.
#3 Priority: It has to be cheap and easy to fix so no BMWs, Mercedes, or Audis.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You see my dilemma. I was hoping you guys would come up with some awesome ride I had overlooked. I'm thinking Mazda RX-8 maybe? Won't fit those kids in back for long, though.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
You see my dilemma. I was hoping you guys would come up with some awesome ride I had overlooked. I'm thinking Mazda RX-8 maybe? Won't fit those kids in back for long, though.
Get it with a luggage rack and the kids could swap out riding. One in one out:shocked:

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I'm looking at the Acura TL, preferably the 6 speed.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the car that keeps topping my list is the 3rd generation Acura TL, preferably with a 6-speed. I know I'll have to pony up at least $8K, but it'll be worth it! Send some good ones my way if you hear anything, please.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know you said no bmw. But i would go for an bmw E32 type 735i or 730i (i don't nkow i you have the 730i overthere) '88 - '92. The 6 cilinder engine.
Arround here it is a cheap car from about 2000 to 2500 $.
That leaves you some 2000 $ to fix the suspension rubbers and give it a good tune up, which should be enough.
The six cylinder is a fine engine to work on and it puts 218 hp on the wheels.
It's not the big bang but it drives as good as a recent car. It's comfortable
It hauls up to five people and with the proper bbs or schnitzer rims it is candy to the eye.
Don't go looking for one with auto leveling system. At that age it's not working anymore and very, i repeat: VERY expensive to fix.
I have a 740i myself from '92 and i love it.
Don't go buying a E38 model from '94 to 2001 or '02 or somthing. Those are far more expensive in parts.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
for the money... an SRT-4

·
Registered
195 Posts
What would you buy for $6,000. A SuperCharger!!!!
It would be a supplement to your 10, because it would be like driving a whole different vehicle.
It would make those short trips, shorter.
The Cool & Fun level is off the chart.
Your 10 is currently able to carry two kids + a wife, in case you want to take her along & room for in-laws in the bed.
If installed correctly the upkeep would be cheap & easy to fix.
The only draw back would be running those errands. They would take longer, because you would be taking the long way, to get more seat time.
That's would I would do with $6,000.

·
Registered
828 Posts
buy a supercharger for your truck. The kids would have a great time in it.
It's fun to drive.
It fits two kids in it.
Okay two out of three ain't bad. LOL:)

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL, now that's the type of response I expected from this bunch!

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't find a decent SRT-4 for less than 10 grand. Any other ideas? Besides adding turbos to my 10, that is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts