SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a flat yesterday. Found a small screw in the drivers right rear.
Put air in the tire and drove it to the local Goodyear place to get it fixed.
Seems after the flat was repaired, they placed my rim on the balance machine only to immediately see a flat spot on the inside diameter of the rim.
I was furious. I watched them do the whole tire repair process so I know they didn't cause it.
Took the 45 thousand dollar truck back to the Dodge Dealership in Del Rio Texas where the truck was purchased, by me, right off that shiney show room floor.
I was told the rim had suffered impact damage and would not be warrentied.
SRT-10 Owners beware, Check your rims, mine was obviously dropped before the tire was mounted at Dodge.
Have had 7000 happy miles with my truck to this point. And now Dodge is gonna leave me hanging....
Anyone with similar problems please give me some advice.
Thanks
Grey 2004 SRT-10
Del Rio Texas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear you are having trouble as well. The first one of these 22 inch wheels comes apart and there's a class action lawsuit filed, Dodge will wish they didn't let this problem go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
That's the one area that I think Dodge is lagging, is customer service after purchase. Sorry to hear that they are not standing up to it. Maybe take it too a different dealership if one is near by and see what they say or ask for the regional Dodge rep to take a look at your claim. :mad:

On the 05's you can get a Road Hazard warrant on both the Wheel and Tires. On the 04's it only covered the Tires. It only gives you $200.00 towards a new rim, but it covers anything that happens to it. I thought it was worth the 50 bucks it cost. I know it doesn't help you, just posting for others so they know the option exists. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Road hazard coverage on the rim would be a plus. Part that really burns me is I'm the only one that has driven the truck since I bought it. I KNOW I didn't hit anything. I think anything that is gonna hit the rim hard enough to bend it will leave some mark on the tire. There is nothing, not even a scuff.

How did you guys find out the build number of your SRT-10's? I'd like to know mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
David said:
How did you guys find out the build number of your SRT-10's? I'd like to know mine.
Do a search for MY 2004 Owners, I believe that was the thread. I have no idea how to get it on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
David said:
I had a flat yesterday. Found a small screw in the drivers right rear.
Put air in the tire and drove it to the local Goodyear place to get it fixed.
Seems after the flat was repaired, they placed my rim on the balance machine only to immediately see a flat spot on the inside diameter of the rim.
I was furious. I watched them do the whole tire repair process so I know they didn't cause it.
Took the 45 thousand dollar truck back to the Dodge Dealership in Del Rio Texas where the truck was purchased, by me, right off that shiney show room floor.
I was told the rim had suffered impact damage and would not be warrentied.
SRT-10 Owners beware, Check your rims, mine was obviously dropped before the tire was mounted at Dodge.
Have had 7000 happy miles with my truck to this point. And now Dodge is gonna leave me hanging....
Anyone with similar problems please give me some advice.
Thanks
Grey 2004 SRT-10
Del Rio Texas
This is a known issue. Get the regional manager involved. Two of mine have been replaced under warranty. It is typically the right front that has the problem.

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
BigDodgeInAlaska said:
Lucky Guess! :D
LOL, I thought Stinker was the only wiseass here. I think it was 9 seconds PM him with your vin! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
Milo55 said:
LOL, I thought Stinker was the only wiseass here. I think it was 9 seconds PM him with your vin! :D

Well at least your correct is saying "Wise" :D Which is way better than "Dumb". And I think stinker rubs off on everyone! haha :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
wheel impact damage

If this is a problem, then looks like I need to upgrade before I drive mine this summer. Has anybody out there ordered a set of the chrome repo's that are on ebay or any other sites? If so how is the quality of the chroming job? Don't want to take a chance cruising around with my 4 year old son in the passenger seat and have a rim fly apart. Although it was a tire issue, we all remember Firestone tires and the Ford Explorer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
I think you'd have to be nuts to replace your forged speedlines with junky heavy cast knockoffs. Stick with your stockers. If you had a problem you'd know it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
flat spot on my rim

i was fixing a flat at the tire shop and he also showed me that the right front rim had a bend or flat spot in it.what should i do the truck has 8500 miles on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
latest communication with D/C

Here's what I received back concerning my wheel issue:

Dear David :

Thank you for your email regarding your 2004 Dodge Ram 1500.

After carefully reviewing your request and the files on this matter, I respectfully concur with the decision rendered by your dealership. I would recommend speaking with your insurance company for additional assistance in this matter.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate with DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation. It is regrettable that a more favorable reply can not be provided.

Thank you again for your email.

I've held my opinion to myself even after reading about all the troubles fellow SRT owners have had with D/C.
After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that D/C is not interested in taking care of it's customers after the sale. In short, D/C sucks!
It's really ashamed such an awesome product has to be produced by such a worthless company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
give me the email address and i will email them about my rim which also has a flat spot on it.my rim also doesnt have any scratches on it,never hit a curb or nothing

eric :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
gto19 said:
give me the email address and i will email them about my rim which also has a flat spot on it.my rim also doesnt have any scratches on it,never hit a curb or nothing

eric :D
Has anyone that has access looked to see if there is a TSB on this issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
BigDodgeInAlaska said:
Has anyone that has access looked to see if there is a TSB on this issue?
There are photos of the Mexican plant, look at the exit door at the plant. Approx 100 yards out, after all the skid marks, of them burning rubber, you can see a huge pot hole, that I believe is the cause of all the damage. It is my belief that there is a person there that intentionally hits that pot hole and damages the right front wheel. Of my 6 srt10's "4" yes FOUR of them, had the SAME exact bent rim. Luckily the check hadn't cleared on one of them, and I was able to get the DC regional manager to take my side.

Just my .02 worth, but then again, I like things that make sense.

Craig
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,596 Posts
Is this a visual problem or does it show up as a shimy/vibration? Mine is nice and smooth up to 80. Just curious if I need to go out and inspect the wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Silverback said:
Is this a visual problem or does it show up as a shimy/vibration? Mine is nice and smooth up to 80. Just curious if I need to go out and inspect the wheels.
I noticed it when i put my hand on the oh **** bar on the pillar. it shook my arm, 4 of mine did this and 2 didn't. The dealer found the problem, but blamed it on me. like that was gonna work...

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
There are photos of the Mexican plant, look at the exit door at the plant. Approx 100 yards out, after all the skid marks, of them burning rubber, you can see a huge pot hole, that I believe is the cause of all the damage. It is my belief that there is a person there that intentionally hits that pot hole and damages the right front wheel. Of my 6 srt10's "4" yes FOUR of them, had the SAME exact bent rim. Luckily the check hadn't cleared on one of them, and I was able to get the DC regional manager to take my side.

Just my .02 worth, but then again, I like things that make sense.

Craig
Can you point us to the photos you mention?
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top