SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to this forum.

I just got a 06 srt 10 and coming from work I was going 50mph and it lost power dropping to 35mph like it was in limp/wimp mode. Check engine light comes on and is p0172. Bank 1. System too rich.

Should this make my oil cap hole look like a train with steam coming out. Any advise will help out. Thank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is it running rough? Put your hand over the oil fill and see if pressure builds up. Sounds like you have a lot of blow by. Your going to have to pull the engine to repair that.

Also, the engine can run smooth, see also listen to the exhaust for a rough tone. Do a leak down test. If you don't have that available, do a compression test.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It runs like crap Step In The gas and it feels the is going to get power than it dies down and won't go pass 35mph. I try posting a video but won't let me. I switch spark-plugs and going to try it again in The morning See what happens.

Before when I was driving it would do it but all just let go off the gas and it will go back to normal but will back fire A few times. The check engine light will come on (code p0172) but than it will go away by it self that's why I dint pay much attention to it till now.

ALL CHECK WHAT YOU TOLD ME. AND ALL DO A COMPRESSION TEST ON IT AS WELL. AND ALL POST UP THE RESULTS.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm thinking crank/cam sensor. Both are readily available at your local parts store. Start with crank sensor as its easier to replace. Both are around $20

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
If it's the PCM, post up. With the bank 1 too rich I I don't think it's a sensor, it management.

(NO, I'M NOT A MECHANIC)

PCM's through normal channels are hard to find, however, there is a source out there (just can't post it)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Is on YouTube as. 06 srt 10 white smoke oil cap

Don't now will see what happens But for right now my ram srt 10 sucks ass should off been better off with my Chevy the I had. But all we'll that's for all your information all just leave the mechanic figure it out.

I could not post the video in here but I have it in YouTube.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so mechanic call and told me the driver side cathilac converter was all meast up the he took te cats out and the truck started fine. The might be the reason I was seeing steam coming out the oil cap because there was no way off going out the muffler.

I'm going to go and check it out tomorrow and if that's the problem. $1000 to get new cats.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Keep them off and get a tune or get new mids from JMB with 2 high flow cats and just run 2........Best performance gain for these beasts is to OPEN up the exhaust.....Keep us posted, new mids with high flow cats would be half that price.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I try adding a picture see if it comes out.

But the cats theres a bunch off fine metal it destroy them so his going to do compression test and go from there and if compression is good we're heading to spark plugs wires the might have misfire. :damnit1:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So driver side compression 60-70-60-70-52. And passenger side is 175-175-170-175-170
So petty much my engine is ****. And for this truck having only 45000 I can say **** dodge and this truck all sell it as soon as I can.

THANKS FOR YOU GUYS TIPS.

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
It looks and sounds like the previous owner was not a good owner. Probably used cheap gas which is known to clog the cats. Ring lands gave up and your right, engine will need some love. Sorry for your troubles, time for another civic

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Naw I'm good with my b20 vtec. And if trying to hate on civic built one than come back and talk.

If you would off put 12k on this crap truck and than 1 month later broke down you would off been mad too. I'm not trying to start anything here just had question about it that's all. But like I say

THANKS FOR THE TIPS

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
You paid 12k....?

That should have been your first clue something was up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts