SRT10 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is REALLY sucky news...

I would price a rebuild first, but good luck with whatever you choose...just be honest if you re-sell and try not to get one over on the next person. ( I'm a karma kinda guy )

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Civic I don't know if his tone was condesending or not, read that way, but for me I love all cars when they are modified. My first brand new car was a 01 Civic Lx 4dr 5 speed, I loved that stupid thing I tought myself how to drive a stick with it :) i figured if I broke it, it was covered. Then I traded it in on an 02 Si when they came out and that little **** was awesome, until I ripped the heads off and sent them and everything intake related to Gude to be ported and polished and new bump sticks, but being an idiot I didn't get a tune and the factory computer hated the 10:1 comp! But what all I'm saying is it hard to judge the tone of someone's post but we love cars here and the default feeling should be it was meant in a joking manner. I haven't had to rebuild me motor yet and thought is a little scary, so we are trying to talk you down so you aren't so pissed about it. Cheer up =) in the end its only money

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Sorry for your troubles. Hope it all turns out ok for you. Hang in there..!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I understand was just a joke I get it. But my point is. Dumping 12k for a down payment and than 1 month later does this you would off been mad too. And now stupid insurance is making excuses on the engine there trying to give me a engine with 80k miles on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
well, i hate to tell you this but mine (06) 35k on it did the same thing, although no smoke, didnt check. it was the pcm. dodge dealer in georgetown tx. got it fixed for me and luckily it was under warranty somehow. this was last year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Yea there takin the engine apart they told me the it was the rings and the insurance going to go check it out. But if the truck look like it's been abuse the they might make excuses on fixing it so that's some bull crap. So I'm just waiting see what they tell me.

Oh and if they rebuilt it it be $$$11k to fix it the there going to put a new block. There charging me $1000 to do the tare down . If insurance don't fix it all have a truck with a engine out sitting in house till I fix it lil by lil and making payments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts