SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Breaks my heart to see it...

womsterr said:
Yep, saw that one over there on the Dodgetalk board. Did you read his story about how that happened? Gotta hand it to the guy, he owned up to his $45,000 brain fart and turned that travesty into a lesson for all to learn...NEVER take it "to the streets". Gotta admire a guy just a little bit for being able to call it like it is, even if it means making yourself look like a total [email protected]$$...

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His comments:

"To All

I walked away sore,bruised,and Quite embarassed.
Stupidity happens at any age. I have always said to people "take it to the track"
I however did not follow my own advice this time.
An old friend that I had not seen in several years caught up with me and asked if I was still racing. I told him not really but you should check out my new toy. We went for a short drive "about 1.5 miles" it was night on a four lane divided highway. I ripped through 1st,2nd,and 3rd approaching a car that was on the inside lane, I was going to pass in the outside lane, the driver of the other car moved into the outside lane in front of me. I tried to go inside but there just was not enough time to make it by,knowing I would loose control and cross into oncoming traffic I let off the brakes and aimed for the ditch on the outside the other driver must have been spooked and was also on the brakes. I hit him in the rear and lost control left the road and barrel rolled 3 or 4 times landing on the roof, waiting to be cut from the truck.

I made several mistakes 1. showing off, 2. driving to fast, 3. assuming the actions of another driver, 4. taking it to the streets.

I have participated in many racing events and have had my share of accidents on the track But, NOBODY has the right to endanger the lives of others, and that is what you do every time you "take it to the streets". I am very ashamed of my actions. My passenger and I survived because of seat belts and modern frame technology and a lot of luck. The innocent driver of the other car really did no wrong he was mearly moving into the slow lane for me to pass and had no idea how fast I was overtaking.
He also walked away unharmed.

I am sorry this post was so long and I hope someone will see the aftermath and think twice when they are out there on the public roads. As far as the truck it is only metal and plastic and will never compare to a human life.

All be well"

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Amazing!

The amazing thing is anyone survived, let alone everyone. I've been a firefighter 20+ years, 10 of which was on a very busy rescue company. I've not seen too many vehicles in this condition that people walk away from. That says a lot to me about the integrity of this truck! I also feel bad for the guy. ML

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have allot of respect for that guy. It's hard to admit when you in the wrong. Glad to see everyone was ok...

womsterr,
Thanks for posting the pics and info instead of a link.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm glad everyone came outt alright. I do have to ask this question though. Is your insurance going to buy you a new truck and if so, how much are they giving you ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts