SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped off my truck today at the dealership to have the sub-woofer replaced after I had blown it in the third week. The service advisor hopped in it and drove it back to the service area. Should I trust the guys at the dealership to drive my truck? I had this picture in my head of a group of oily mechanics taking turns doing burn outs in the back parking lot. Am I being paranoid?

I have already had a bad oil change experience. The guy got oil all over my armrest, steering wheel and door. When I asked him to clean it, he went and got some "chemicals." I noticed that the chemicals smelled alot like intake cleaner. The dude was wipping intake cleaner all over my interior. I was so freaking mad. This was at a 5 Star dealership too. I got the oil change for free and the inside detailed. I have been paranoid to let anyone at all drive my truck ever since. Should I be a little more commanding about who does and does not drive my truck at the dealership?

Y'alls thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yea dude, id be parinoid to, i wouldnt want any greese monkeys putting their oily paws all over my stuff...when you go there next time, you lay down the law and say you dont want anyone driving it...Its good that your protective of your truck, sounds like you guys have a nice, solid relationship! :D

-Vin-

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AperFectCircle said:
...sounds like you guys have a nice, solid relationship! :D
QUOTE]

I have learned the hard way that a dealership generally won't give you something unless you ask for it (or demand it).

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
bortego,
You are in Houston? I drive 70 miles to go to Northwest Dodge for all of my Dodge needs. They only let their Viper tech, Hector, work on my cars. Including my Stratus and the SRT-4 of the kid.

·
Registered
67 Posts
One thing that I do when I take it to the shop, is I right down the miles, and let the service writer see the miles to. That away we are all on the same wave length.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
9 seconds said:
bortego,
You are in Houston? I drive 70 miles to go to Northwest Dodge for all of my Dodge needs. They only let their Viper tech, Hector, work on my cars. Including my Stratus and the SRT-4 of the kid.
Yeah I am in Houston. Is Northwest open on Saturdays or even late on weekdays? The dealership I go to now is only open m-f until 6 pm, which means I have to take time off work. Sux. They have not said anything about a Viper tech. They have not done a very good job of even just faking that they are doing a good job. I am not feeling comfortable with them at all.

Good idea QuikSilvrSRT, thanks!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Service @ NW Dodge is open on Saturday. Gloria Cruz-Sanchez is the service manager and has always bent over backwards to help. Hector, the Viper tech, did the PDI on my truck and I had to make him take it for a test drive. Call and ask for Louis Hernandez to schedule time. I have cell phone numbers if you need them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It is your vehicle, so heck yes you have the right to tell the Dealership who will be driving your car, and if it is just routine, there is no reason they have to drive it off the lot. No reason you can not demand these items in a polite way, and expect them to be adherred to.

Though I am a long ways from Houston, I have heard pretty good things about Northwest's service , so I would probably just heed 9 Seconds advice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
9 seconds said:
Service @ NW Dodge is open on Saturday. Gloria Cruz-Sanchez is the service manager and has always bent over backwards to help. Hector, the Viper tech, did the PDI on my truck and I had to make him take it for a test drive. Call and ask for Louis Hernandez to schedule time. I have cell phone numbers if you need them.
Sweet! I live off 290 and NW Dodge is only 10 miles or so outta town for me. They are open on Saturday too. Awesome! I definitely appreciate the information 9seconds. This forum rules! Let me know if you need anything. You can swing by one day for a pit stop while on your 70-mile journey to the dealership. I will let ya know if I have trouble getting a hold of someone and need the cell numbers. Thanks again man. Also thanks to everyone elses comments and recommendations. I feel much calmer now than when I saw my truck driven off this morning by someone else. I will pick it up this afternoon and be done with that dealership and give NW a try.

Brady

·
Registered
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Makes my problem seem small. I would have to knock that dude's teeth out with a ball peen hammer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts