SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the 05' with the regular radio w/ disk changer ( not navigation )is xm or sirius ready? can i just get the box and plug it in to factory radio and it displays and operates correctly?
or do i have to get the little mobile xm/siri ?
i'm so confused

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
You can buy the sirius tuner and install kit from Dodge and it plugs right into your stereo. Cool thing about it, no FM tranceiver and it displays on your radio display as well as controlled from the steerring wheel controls

I am going to buy one soon.

·
Registered
264 Posts
site, does it have to have the little external antennea wired in or will it recieve thru the factory antennea ? i have xm in my wifes lincoln and it had to have an external antennea for it to recieve the sattelite signal . i would really love to have one in the truck but i am not going to run any wires thru to the outside. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Hey Ylw-Fvr

It does require an antenna mounted in full site of the sky and it does come with one in the kit. No matter what system you buy, you need an antenna. There are aftermarket mini antennas out there that you could mount with a magnet and run the mini cable through the weather stripping of the rear window. The MOPAR kit comes with a template to DRILL into your roof to mount the antenna and run the cable. (when I buy one) I am going to go with a mini antenna because I really don't want to drill into my yellow roof.

Site

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drill?!

hey, thanks
i thought that was the deal
hmmm, i may opt for the mini ant as well.
5 years from now we may need to just plug that hole due to obsolesence.

good, i need sat radio

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have an idea on how to install it...not sure how it works on Rams though.

On my F-150 I have the antenna hidden underneath the grates right underneath the windshield wipers. I have awesome reception and no ugly antenna stickin' out to advertise to the whole free world that you have high-tech equipment...

I use to have Delphi XM unit in my Jimmy, and I didn't like the antenna stuck on top at all. I think it basically told burgers that I had something that's an easy steal.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for the info i will have to try the mini that other thing is just plain ugly .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts