SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke down and put a deposit on an SRT-10 RC Yellow Fever edition truck. It is # 098 and I will be picking it up tomorrow after 1pm.

No sleep tonight, to freeking excited. 2 weeks of bargaining, worrying etc and now, tomorrow can't come any faster!

Will post picks when I get!

Site

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just saw a Yellow Fever SRT-10 sitting at our local Dodge dealer here in Anchorage Alaska. I was really suprised to see it because of how few are being made, and I was really suprised to see that those morons had it sitting out in 10 degree weather outside in the snow.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congrats! Make sure you obtain all of the paperwork (window sticker etc.)...all of that stuff is an important paper trail for your SRT. There should also be a small canvas bag which contains tools for removing the rear wing. The back of the seats have a lever adjustment which I had to play around with to obtain a comfortable sitting angle. Also, the "adjusting" pedals are a nice feature. Keep the engine below 3,500 rpm's (tough to do) for first 500 miles. Enjoy...post your comments later.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Droopy said:
Congrats! I say drive it like you want it to run. It's tougher than you are lead to believe. Enjoy! :D

Always two schools of thought.

1. Drive it like you stole it

2. break it in for xxxx miles

I usually do #2 but when I was a Auto Tech working on trooper cars (Chevys and Fords) those cars started up with 20 miles on them and ran 24/7/365 for the next 2 years and were turned in with 120K HARD HARD miles. Maybe an engine failure once every 2 years and a head failure once a year. Now this was out of 100 trooper cars. So my experience as a tech says #1 is OK but I will still follow #2 as I never had a problem with doing it that way

Site

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Was out yesterday and saw a Yellow Ram SRT-10 sitting in a tire store parking lot. Stopped to find the owner. It belongs to the guy working the counter. He ordered a red one but someone backed out of this yellow one so he took it. He's pretty excited about it.

I must say that the pictures don't do the Yellow Fever trucks justice. They look wonderful in person.

So, there are two of us here in Utah only a few miles from each other.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Break in?

Break it in like you want it to run.......
If you want it to run gentle, break it in gently.
If you want it to run hard, break it in hard.
Engines do seem to develop a personality during breakin. I cannot explain this but I have seen this over and over again with customer vehicles. This has also been my own experiance.
That does not mean that I would make a 20 mile full throttle run but I do run them hard, right to redline from leaving the deealership.
Stand on it and enjoy it from the start. It will run faster than babying it......Jack

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will drive it normally just like a typical day to the office, no full throttles, no burn outs, just speed limit stuff. That has always seemed to work for me. My HEMI was driven this way until 2k before I romped on it.

Site

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
DarkSyde said:
When we roll somewhere together and I am driving my Silver One, I look back at the Yellow Fever following me, and it is the MEANEST and MOST INTIMIDATING truck I have EVER SEEN!!!!
TJ
What makes ya think he'll be behind ya?? :p :D

Congrats on the BIG Yellow Truck! :cool:

As far as Break-In miles goes IMO, it's not for the engine, but the clutch.
Mine saw redline a few times in the first 500, but I kept the 'dumping the clutch' and 'banging gears' to a bare minimum during that time. All seems to be OK at 4,3xx miles now, but it won't be driven too much until Spring now. :(

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Dog.

Sitedrifter said:
I will drive it normally just like a typical day to the office, no full throttles, no burn outs, just speed limit stuff. That has always seemed to work for me. My HEMI was driven this way until 2k before I romped on it.

Site

I broke 1 (one) new vehicle in that way and it would not get out of it's own way. There was nothing wrong with it but it was just slow ( a real dog to be honest ). Hot rods are supposed to be fast and the SRT-10 is a factory HOT ROD. I was the carburetor and fuel injection business my entire life so I have seen the affect that a fast break in will make on the way a vehicle performs.
The main thing is to enjoy your new truck...........Jack

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have to pick it up tomorrow :mad:

I went down to take another look at it and test drive it (have not driven it yet). All I have to say is OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!

Truck rolls real nice and with the 4.56 gears 1st is very smooth. I took it up to 25-2800 RPMs to shift or so but did not go over 40. I am freaking out that I cannot pick it up tomorrow. love the detailing job :eek: they did so much ;) that I am redoing it when i get it home tomorrow.

Now, I the way home right before my exit on Rt18, here comes a Yellow Fever the opposite way. WOW, see an SRT 2 times since May 2004 and the day before I get mine I see another yellow fever.

Site :cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sitedrifter

Smooth at all speeds...even up to 134mph.

When I picked mine up I made the dealer remove their cute decal from the tailgate...no decals on my vehicles! Fortunately, no decal residue left on the tailgate...looks much cleaner.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts