·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did dodge de-tune the srt-10 trucks?

·
Registered
152 Posts
No..my 05 runs stronger than 04 i sold with 5000miles on it..

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
From a Viper or between the 04 and 05 models?

It would not make sense to detune from a Viper because of the development costs for the new ECM. I realize it's only software, but why reprogram? The SRT is not going to challange the Viper and Dodge was definitly going for the fastest production pickup record.

I believe pitrider is probably correct that his 05 runs stronger than his 04. The change from 4:10 to 4:56 gears will account for this. I have searched for 0 to 60, or 1/4 mile data on the 05 to see if it is faster than an 04, but have not found any test results from any of the magazines. Anyone know if this data exists?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just another bit of info on my 04 i had installed the magnaflow,which of course frees up some power..I'm still running the stock exhaust system on my 05 which includes the xtra resonater..I realize the rear end gear change to 4.56 helps,but the stock exhaust is restrictive..B&B system will be here next week..called an talked to a rep and they were impressed with the hp gains with their system..

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wikdsvt said:
Did dodge de-tune the srt-10 trucks?
Yes, DC detuned lots of 04 trucks while they were figuring out the clutch issues.

Craig

·
Registered
154 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
Yes, DC detuned lots of 04 trucks while they were figuring out the clutch issues.

Craig
How do I know if my truck is de tuned or not? and if it is how do I get it tuned like it should be?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
You could order a vec2 and fly all kinds of power!!!

patrick

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Have your truck dynoed, look at the air to fuel ratio. Most are extremely rich on bottom, and some call that detuning, the vec 2 will take care of the problem, but it will have to be tuned in on the dyno.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Absolutely El Hogwasharino!!! We have dyno'd tons of trucks and Vipers and frankly we are always amazed at how strong the trucks dyno at. Detune may be in GMs vocabulary, but not at MoPar. All-Powr, for Mo-Powr!!

PS - the two highest numbers we have ever gotten were not on Vipers , but on SRT-10 Rams!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Haha...I brought my 67 yo dad for a "spirited ride" the other day.

He think our trucks should be outlawed. I say.....PERFECT ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bill Pemberton said:
Absolutely El Hogwasharino!!! We have dyno'd tons of trucks and Vipers and frankly we are always amazed at how strong the trucks dyno at. Detune may be in GMs vocabulary, but not at MoPar. All-Powr, for Mo-Powr!!

PS - the two highest numbers we have ever gotten were not on Vipers , but on SRT-10 Rams!!
Bill you are 100% correct..GM detuned their new LS2 motor in the 05 C6 vette..the reason i sold it..DC has the balls to stand by their hp rating and product..GO MOPAR

·
Registered
974 Posts
9 seconds said:
Only the black and silver ones.
*cough, cough* bullshit :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Group911 said:
They have to be detuned, otherwise there would be no need for a VEC-2. ML
Good Point, 911 LOL :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't know anything about the de-tuning, for or against. I personally havd my clutch, flyweel, pressure place, and slave cylinder all replaced under warranty, and I found no decrease in power after the PCM upgrade. But just because the vec2 increases power doesn't imply anything about detuning. I've reprogramed a 2000 C5 among other vehicles, and I always dyno before and afterwards, and always reap rewards. Not to logical to assume that just because an aftermarket part increases power that DC de-tuned. If this were the case, then why do so many other vehicles have PCM modules or reprogramming availabe. The next illogical deduction from there would be to assume that all vehicles that gain any increase from a PCM upgrade must have been detuned. Just my .02.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I believe a good part of this so called de-tuning is DC having to keep within certain emmission standards.

Then again it just may be DC thinking it,s a way to sell aftermarket performance parts.

The bottom line is, there are more ponies in the engine than DC is releasing off the production line!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts