SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this for 2004 models

Tech Tip Part Description: 2004 and 2005 HB, RS, RG, and DR (SRT10) Speakers and Radios

Tech Tip Description: This bulletin applies to vehicles built before 5/1/2004. The customer may complain of hissing or crackling in one or more speakers, and may be misdiagnosed as a speaker or radio issue. This complaint can be verified by turning the radio to low volume or to 0 (mute) and listening to the audio system from the driver`s seat for noticeable audible hissing or crackling noise. If the hissing noise is heard, do not replace the speakers or radio. Instead, the amplifier needs to be replaced. The replacement amplifier should have a date code of 1134. (The amplifiers have a small, square label near the connectors. The date code is the four digit number in the lower left corner of the label.) Note: If there is no hissing or crackling with the radio muted, then the system should be root caused and corrected as necessary.

Site

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Sitedrifter. Mine has a build date in April I will check it out today. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had this on mine. Posted it on here A LONG time ago. Dealer replaced the amp and it still popped. They asked if I wanted to leave it over the weekend and I said "Hell no!" By the time the weekend was over the noise had gone away. Got me. Haven't heard it since. Probably a loose ground or something.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
thanks, Site I checked mine out today so far so good :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts